About The Programme
Whether you aspire to advance educational equity, alleviate poverty, protect the environment, or reform the criminal justice system, the CILG Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Governance program will equip the candidates with the analytic tools necessary for success. Candidates will learn how to assess public problems, develop creative solutions, and implement ideas. Our program will teach you to formulate answers that are efficient, equitable, and feasible.
Objectives of the Course
- To prepare students as future leaders by equipping them with requisite knowledge and skills designed to enhance responsible leadership and governance.
- To gain access to frameworks and knowledge designed to assist in unpacking complex governance and leadership problems
- Explore emerging global issues that affect governance and leadership
- Understand the challenges of democratic processes in Africa
- Gain greater understanding of the dynamic interplay between International, national, state and local governments
- To be able to apply concept of governance and leadership in the different areas of society
The Advanced Diploma program in Leadership and Governance is divided into two parts
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- International Public Procurement
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Project Planning and Management
- Security Risk in Social Media Technologies
- Social Psychology
- Environmental Management
- Human Rights and Peace Building
- Public Economics and Finance
- Information Governance and Security
- To be awarded the Advanced Diploma, candidates will need to achieve an overall score of 65% and not less than 50% in each of the modules.
- The exam is ‘closed book’, which means that printed reference materials and dictionaries cannot be taken into the examination room
The Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Governance is designed to be completed in 18 Months. It could take less time depending on how much transfer credit you receive.
Successful completion of a CILG Diploma in Leadership and Governance or any recognized Diploma in relevant discipline plus 5 Year post qualification experience in a relevant field. Holders of Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in other courses with a Minimum of 7 years qualification experience can apply.
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Governance program, Students will be eligible to apply for the Associate Membership of CILG and will be eligible to pursue CILG Executive Diploma or undertake further with our Partner Institution.