The grade of Affiliate is open to anyone who has an interest in leadership and governance but may not be able to, or may not desire to, reach one of our higher grades. It also includes students who have enrolled on the Institute’s International Professional Programs. Student leaders in the various tertiary institutions also qualify for this grade. This grade has no post-nominal attached to it. Affiliate members are also put on the youth in leadership program of the institute.
To become an Associate Member of the CILG, you will meet one of the following criteria:
- Achieved the CILG Advanced Diploma by examination, followed by 5 Years experience in a Leadership role
- Hold a first degree in a relevant subject and 7 Years experience working in a Leadership role
- Hold Chartered Membership of another relevant professional body with 3 Years experience working in a Leadership role
To become a Member of the CILG, you will meet one of the following criteria:
- Achieved the CILG Executive Diploma by examination, followed by 7 Years experience working in a Leadership role
- Hold a postgraduate degree (MSc/MBA etc.) in a relevant subject on a course acceptable to the CILG, followed by 5 Years experience in a Leadership role
- Hold a first degree in a relevant subject and 10 Years experience working in a Leadership/ Management role
- Hold Chartered Membership of another relevant professional body with 5 Years experience working in a Leadership/ Management role
Highly experienced senior managers can apply for Fellowship of the Institute. This highest level of membership formally recognizes a combination of exceptional senior management experience, CPD, and qualifications. Fellows are also entitled to extra resources. You can acquire this grade if you have: at least s Fifteen years’ Leadership experience, including five years as a senior manager and either a management-related qualification at Level 5 or above, or at least 35 days’ CPD within the last seven years
Note: You will be asked to participate in an interview (this may be held online) and you may be asked to provide a portfolio of supporting evidence.
You are encouraged to register your experience and knowledge into the CILG Register of Expertise (Rof E) and have this approved before applying for CILG. This helps your application by providing a detailed overview of your asset management capabilities.
Honorary Fellow (Hon. CILG)
Honorary Fellows are likely to be people who have either led the development of thinking and/or practice in the field of Leadership and Governance and/or have made a significant contribution to the development and reputation of the CILG. Honorary Fellows are appointed by the Board on the advice of Council to the purely honorific category of Hon. CILG