Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
What is CPD?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is the lifelong process of learning and continuing personal development. It’s the means by which you can maintain and enhance your knowledge and skills to complement both your current role and your future career progression. CILG members are responsible for deciding themselves what and how much CPD activity to undertake in any year. You will need to plan, co-ordinate an evidence that you are working to continually improve your professional competence.
What’s in it for you?
A planned, structured approach to your own personal development will help you:
- Learn new skills and keep up to date with the latest trends
- Perform better in your current role
- Gain a competitive edge and improve your future employment opportunities
- Increase your self-confidence
- Enhance your professional reputation
- Achieve tangible evidence of your commitment, competence and professionalism