About The Programme
The Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance has been designed to develop professionals in the private and public sector, who understand the increasingly complex issues shaping policies and projects at the local and national level, and who have the necessary analytical and managerial skills to apply their knowledge to real-world situations. The Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance program equips students with the skills, perspectives and understanding needed to function effectively in solving problems and tackling challenges within the wider private and public sector.
The Executive Diploma program is divided into three parts;
- Globalisation and Politics
- Gender and Diversity in Leadership and Governance
- Leadership and People’s Performance
- Ethics, Governance and Public Service
- Sustainable Economic Development: Resources, Environment, and Institutions
- Public Relations, Public Affairs and the Media
- Corporate Law and Governance
- Strategy, Leadership and Ethics
- Professional Case Studies
- To be awarded the Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance, candidates will need to achieve an overall score of 65% and not less than 50% in each of the modules.
- The exam is ‘closed book’, which means that printed reference materials and dictionaries cannot be taken into the examination room
The Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance is designed to be completed in 24 Months. It could take less time depending on how much transfer credit you receive.
- CILG Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Governance with a Minimum of 5 Years Post Qualification Experience or
- Accredited Bachelor Degree or Equivalent with a Minimum of 7 Years Post Qualification Experience
- English proficiency (if the Bachelor degree was not taught in English)
- Updated CV
- One official letter of recommendation (from employer)
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words)
- Copy of passport or ID
Upon successful completion of the Executive Diploma in Leadership and Governance program, Students will be eligible to apply for the Full or Fellow Membership of CILG based on their relevant years of experience and will also be eligible to undertake further studies with our Partner Institution.