1. To provide training in the areas of social and political leadership, governance and public policies relevant for public life, government administration, social sector, non-profit organizations, corporate sector, common citizens etc.
2. To conduct individual or collaborative researches relating to leadership, governance studies and other public policies
3. To organize academic programmes (seminars, workshops, colloquia etc.) and invite distinguished scholars and practitioners for sharing of ideas and perspectives
4. To serve as an institutional link for collaboration with other such institutions, centres and schools globally.
5. To emerge as a think tank and help build bridges between academia and policymakers with a view to increasing their capability to understand and tackle socio-political national and international issues and processes in order to enhance awareness and and critical understanding.